2.11.2009

I have been blessed

So every other Monday we feed the missionaries. But this week I really wasn't in the mood to be cooking dinner for 8 people. So I convinced the hubby to let me get Zachary's Pizza instead. Yeah, I know it's a bit pricey but it sounded so good, gives me more time in the day, saves me a load of dishes (yes I've been doing them lately) and besides I'd been saving a few bucks here and there that D'rock didn't know about. So after some begging and convincing arguments I got my way.

At 6:45 Monday night I got there to pick up our two large pizzas. "Here you go", hmmm....wait a second. That's just one pizza. " I'm so sorry but we accidentally gave your other pizza to someone else". What the crap!!! How do you accidentally give away a Pizza? Long story short they were going to rush me an extra large, but then I found out it was a thin crust! I can't feed 4 missionaries with a thin crust pizza! DO they have any idea how much these guys eat? So I told her " Look, I don't know how you can get it but I NEED a deep dish large pizza. I have to feed 7 men tonight and a thin crust isn't going to cut it".

How exactly does this story end? Okay... " I'm so sorry, let me just rush you that large and and extra small and I'll completely refund your card". WHAT!!! FREE PIZZA!?!? FREE ZACHARY'S PIZZA!?! TWO LARGES and a SMALL!!!!???!!! SAH-WEET!!!! Of course I calmly and discreetly said thank you without looking the least bit overly excited. All I can say is that we must be doing something right cause 100 (apparently a small in 20 on its own) bucks worth of Zachary's pizza doesn't just come your way every day! And low and behold, only 4 missionaries showed up but they DEMOLISHED that pizza! I thought a normal person could barley eat 1 or 2 slices. Apparently missionaries can do 3 with room for dessert to spare!

All and all it was a good night. I got my way and I didn't even have to pay for it!! Oh yes....miracles do happen!!






5 comments:

  1. This falls in the "Tender Mercies" category! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm, sounds good. That's awesome that you got it for free!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um gotta love that!! Zacharys pizza is awesome...how does someone eat 3 slices though, wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! You are so lucky! That was a miracle indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want some Zachary's...I love that place!

    ReplyDelete

Your 2 cents...